Monday, July 19, 2010

Rock On, Real #Catholic TV! Another Powerful Episode: A Pure Heart

I have become increasingly interested in Real Catholic TV's Internet show "The Vortex," with commentary by Michael Voris, S.T.B. (The letters stand for Bachelor of Sacred Theology, given through a Pontifical university.)

I really like Voris because 1) He is not afraid to name evil or sin and 2) He is unapologetically Catholic and continues to call the Catholic Church back to its mission.

I think his commentary below, "A Pure Heart," is especially timely with regard to the University of Illinois firing of Dr. Ken Howell. On one hand, you have a Catholic Church that promoted a show of support for the Pride Parade in New York. On the other, an almost silent response occurred when a Catholic professor is openly fired from his job because he presented the Catholic Church's beliefs on homosexuality.

I'm also adding the episode, "Midnight Call." Vorhis hits the nail squarely on the head with this one!

If you like this video, consider joining Real Catholic TV by subscribing. Let me know what you think. I thought it was superb.






More videos can be seen at their YouTube Channel.

2 comments:

kkollwitz said...

Here's a link to Al Kresta's interview with Ken Howell.


http://homepage.mac.com/francis.beckwith/HowellInterview(14July2010).mp3

Mary Rose said...

Christian, thanks so much for this link. I already had listened to it the day it was being broadcast but didn't catch the tail end of it because I had to make dinner. :-)

For anyone else who is interested in this story, Al Kresta's show is a good one. Somehow, I found my spirit lifted as I listened to Dr. Howell. God is in charge!