Saturday, March 12, 2011

Cool #Catholic Site: Why I'm Catholic



So this is how Twitter can work...

My blog posts are automatically "tweeted" on Twitter with an auto-feed I set up, which is why I usually am adding the hashtag #Catholic to my titles. (Just in case you were wondering.) Whenever I can improve a process or automate it, I'll do it. Since there are times when I schedule the publishing of a post, having an auto-feed do it for me while I'm off driving to work or doing something else is of great value. I use Twitterfeed for this purpose.

Yesterday, CathTechTalk "re-tweeted" my blog post tweet, which caused me to check out their Twitter account and read through some of their recent tweets. That's how I found out about the excellent site, "Why I'm Catholic."


It is so hard to keep up with all of the wonderful, powerful, beautiful Catholic websites and blogs, but when I find them, I try to highlight them. At this site are stories from all types of people who converted to Catholicism as well as some revert stories. I also saw The Curt Jester's Jeff Miller featured, which should be a good interview for anyone unfamiliar with Jeff's story. (Even if you are familiar, it's still a good read.)

This is a roundabout way of saying why I still love Twitter although I'm not on it as often as I used to be. (Which may change. Or not. I have several Twitter accounts I work on.) Twitter is still a great tool that allows me to reach out to others with my message and also, discover fantastic resources such as the "Why I'm Catholic" site.

So check it out! I'll be adding it to my blogroll on the side. And if you'd like to follow me on Twitter, please do. I'm CathPrdDaughter. :-)

No comments: