Thursday, July 17, 2008

Self-Esteem and the Battle of the Mind

I taped another entry for my Castitas group. Bear with me as I figure out a few things. I pieced together two separate tapings. I have no idea why the lighting was different because nothing seemed to change. I simply stopped after my 10+ minutes and then started for the next segment.

I tried my best to edit the video so it would be exactly ten minutes for each segment. Alas, I was unable to do it! So I posted the entire thing on Google Videos. (The video runs 20:47) I also would like to improve the sound quality.

Meanwhile - the content: I am speaking about the relationship between having self-esteem and the battle in our minds. There is a direct connection to how we see ourselves as Christians and our ability to ward off the attacks of the enemy. When we know who we are in Christ and able to meditate constantly on the Word of God, we are better equipped to resist temptation and keep focused on what God wants of us. As a Catholic, I am understanding the role of the Sacraments more and realize they also play a very important part in strengthening our faith.

I'm not sure if I communicated my message as clearly as I had hoped. I will be revisiting this topic again. It is one I feel very strongly about and is currently relevant to younger people who are more susceptible to societal pressures than ever before.

Thanks for watching and if you have any helpful tips, please pass them on!

Oh, and I'm not thrilled with the still shot Google used on my video. It looks like I'm half-snookered. Yeesh...


No comments: