Saturday, March 26, 2011

Inspirational Video: The Tide Is Turning - Pro-life Students Standing Strong

I'm reading Abby Johnson's story, Unplanned: The Dramatic True Story of a Former Planned Parenthood Leader's Eye-Opening Journey Across the Life Line. (It is well written and an amazing story.)

I've also heard stories from pro-life old-timers who wondered who they would pass the torch to regarding this issue. Well, they need not wonder anymore. The college students are more than willing to take the torch and are making a difference. As this video says, 1/3rd of their peers were aborted.

I wonder if the pro-choice folks back in the 60's and 70's factored that little bit of information in their quest for abortion-on-demand across the nation? This current generation of "Millennials" are not only more politically active than previous generations after the volatile sixties, they've made this issue personal. To them they are active, have grown with the Internet and know how to use it to mobilize. Read it and weep, NOW members.

This generation is not only ticked off that abortion killed 1/3rd of them, they're willing to put it on the line and do more than just wish abortion was a thing of the past. They're committed to making sure it is a thing of the past.

God bless these students. They are amazing. This video shows it. (mantilla nod to Catholic Vote and Thomas Peters.)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and am glad I did. I just got Abby's book and am about to start it - can't wait! What a great video - thank you for sharing this! I was at that March for Life and rally that was featured, so this was really exciting to see! I'm a few years out of college and am SO proud to be a part of this generation that will bring about changes to protect the gift of life. God bless you - I'll definitely start following your blog! : )

God bless+
Becky

noreen said...

Hi Mary Rose, I hadn't heard this video and what a blessing it is! I had no idea there was a pro life movement at the colleges. Praise God! I recently finished reading Abby Johnson's book and what an eye opener it is.

Mary Rose said...

Becky, thanks for visiting! I am amazed by the passion of your generation. In a way, I sort of assumed that everyone was an automatic "pro-choice" because our society has pushed it for so long. How glad I am that I am wrong! God bless you and keep fighting the good fight!

Noreen, thanks for your comment and visit. I think it's so beautiful that our younger kids recognize the truth. Wasn't Abby Johnson's book amazing? God is indeed awesome!