Friday, July 10, 2009

Introducing #FrFriday on Twitter!

Okay. I'm a little late getting this out but I've been brainstorming ways to keep focused on "The Year For Priests." I created my Ning site called "The Catholic Priest Appreciation Network (and if you're not a member, why not?!! Let's help create a grateful environment for the priesthood!). But I really want to brainstorm with more people, which is why I'm hoping more will join the site, plus take advantage of the hashtag #FrFriday on Twitter.

What is the purpose of this hashtag? To celebrate a priest, or even a seminary, if you'd like. Whoever it may be. So my first #FrFriday tag will be for my parish priest, Fr. Kevin Lutz of Holy Family. He is faithful to the Magisterium, constantly encourages his flock to place their trust in God, is funny, warm, and so lovable. After being away for so many years, I could not have asked for a finer priest. In fact, many who leave Holy Family to move out of state often say how they miss Holy Family and Fr. Lutz.

Fr. Lutz has truly created a very special community at Holy Family. He is a very busy priest, but finds time to teach Bible studies and especially helped me through the annulment process, making sure I was able to receive the Eucharist on Easter Sunday this year.

Fr. Lutz, God bless you richly!

No comments: