Friday, January 9, 2009

Fr. Richard John Neuhaus, R.I.P.

I am just starting to get to know the luminaries in the Catholic world, and it is with great sadness that I confess I didn't know much about Fr. Neuhaus until his passing, which happened yesterday. I am a great admirer of any Christian who confronts society with the intent of engaging it in a forthright manner. Fr. Neuhaus seemed to do this with a rare combination of grace, intellect, and more importantly, a deep and abiding sense of devotion to his faith.

I know that many who knew him well will miss him terribly. I ask all of you to send up prayers. I know I will and also will look forward to getting to know his spirit through his books.



Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord.
And let perpetual light shine upon him.

May he rest in peace.

May his soul, and all the souls of the faithful departed
through the mercy of God, rest in peace
.

Requiescat in pace

No comments: