Monday, April 13, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Thanks to Peggy at The Simple Woman for starting the daybook. For more entries, or to join, go here.

For Today: Monday, April 13, 2009

Outside My Window... Dark and chilly. I have to say yesterday was one of the most beautiful days, ever. A perfect Spring day for Easter!

I am thinking... about my wonderful weekend. I had Friday off, and then my father came up for a visit for the weekend for Easter, plus, the greatest thing of all - finally being able to receive the Eucharist again!

I am thankful for... God and His provision. Big time.

From the kitchen... For breakfast, Honey Nut cereal, coffee with Sweet Italian Creamer. Dinner will be leftover ham from yesterday's Easter meal and salad.

I am wearing... a pink nightgown with tiny purple roses, slippers. You may think I wear the same gown every week. Actually, I have several of them... (ha!)

I am creating... nothing. This week was busy (again) and I haven't still had the time yet to do much.

I am going... to express my gratitude to those involved with the annulment and celebration of receiving communion again.

I am reading... Double Shot by Diane Mott Davidson. I can't resist a caterer who solves mysteries! (Plus there's some pretty yummy recipes in her book. I've not tried any but I get a kick out of them!) Also still reading Tribes by Seth Godin, and my new Envoy magazine issue.

I am hoping... I can be successful in my job. My boss has ever-changing expectations and my main focus is to be instrumental in bringing in new business.

I am hearing... the soft tweeting of the birds, starting to become a little louder. The heat whooshing through the vent. Other than that, silence for the most part.

Around the house... Cinnamon rolls from yesterday's breakfast, the crock pot that needs to go back into storage (I "slow-cooked" a small ham) The home is still tidy, thanks to the visit with my dad. Nothing like having guests to get one motivated!

One of my favorite things... going to church with my dad, especially on Easter Sunday.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Work and brainstorming different ways to market it, relaxing at home after a busy weekend, attending (hopefully) my first protest rally, the "Teaparty" (!!) and trying to focus on writing my book.

Here is picture thought I am sharing. . . I wish I had a photo from yesterday, but I don't. I was so busy "being in the moment" that I didn't think to take photographs! Dopey me.

1 comment:

Joyful Days said...

A lovely daybook. Sounds like your Easter was truly blessed.