Tuesday, May 4, 2010

KKollwitz's Delightful Lessons for Children Regarding #Catholic Identity

I wasn't sure what to title this post, but KKollwitz, who has visited this blog on occasion, teaches children at his parish. (CCD?) His latest response to my post about the upcoming new translation had me chuckling. (I wish I had a teacher like him when I was a kid!)

One of the more challenging responses in the TLM is the one he is speaking about:

Dómine non sum dignus ut íntres sub tectum meum: sed tantum dic verbo, et sanábitur ánima mea/ Lord, I am not worthy that thou should enter under my roof; but only say the word, and my soul shall be healed.

I have to really rip through that one because everyone says it so fast! But I always loved the phrase and remembered where it came from in the Bible.

If you've not read KKollwitz's blog yet, check out this post. Then read more. If you're a parent, you may just want to read it aloud with your little ones!

1 comment:

kkollwitz said...

You are too kind. Most of my blog is just recounting what we do in class. We have fun and try to learn something, too.