Sunday, September 5, 2010

A Fellow Blogger Examines the Sacrament of Confession #Catholic

This may not be entirely fair to post this on a Sunday. Some parishes do offer Confession before a Mass on Sunday, but many do it on Saturdays. Still, my fellow Catholic blogger, Cathy of Alex, has a powerful post, Endless Wait and Panic, about the importance of going to confession.

Have you ever had one of those occasions when you are in serious sin,perhaps even mortal sin, and you are panic stricken at the thought of not being able to find an open Confessional? What if you don't even know where a priest is? What if Father is late for his regularly scheduled Confession times and there you sit in utter despair and panic. The wait seems endless. What if he doesn't show up? What is your backup plan? Where else can I go? What should I do?

What, indeed. Well worth the read.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You ~Ron

Mary Rose said...

God bless you, too, Ron. Thanks for stopping by. You have a great blog! I added it to my "Humor" group because it made me laugh! :-)

Mary Rose said...

God bless you, too, Ron. Thanks for stopping by. You have a great blog! I added it to my "Humor" group because it made me laugh! :-)