Monday, March 9, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Thanks to Peggy at The Simple Woman for starting the daybook. For more entries, or to join, go here.

For Today: Monday, March 9, 2009

Outside My Window... Noontime, and it's light. Cloudy and a little sun. 

I am thinking... about my husband. He is just a sweetheart and brings a smile to my face whenever I think about him.

I am thankful for... my new tire. It did fix the major wobbling. Just needed alignment and of course, a new tire.

From the kitchen... I have no idea yet what I'll make tonight for dinner. Something with chicken, I'm thinking. Will most likely check AllRecipes before leaving work!

I am wearing... dark blue jeans, white cotton long-sleeve shirt, my favorite black cardigan with the empire waist.

I am creating... a digital scrapbooking page of my husband's 50th birthday (last year! See how behind I am?!!). I am really enjoying my new program, Digital Scrapbooking Artist. Discovering new things about it all the time, like the cool edges to add to an object.

I am going... to visit the library today. It's been awhile since I've been to one. I have two books reserved.

I am reading... Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyers. Slowly but surely getting through it. I'm still annoyed with the story development. The books I have on order are a Diane Mott Davidson mystery (her first one, Catering to Nobody) and a Joel Rosenberg political thriller, Dead Heat.

I am hoping... to start some exercise routine this week. It's time.

I am hearing... Rush Limbaugh. He's absolutely right. There was plenty of criticism for President Bush when he was in office. Doesn't seem to fly when the shoe is on the other foot...

Around the house... The Netflix envelope for our latest movie, "An American Carol", more boxes from the ukes and uke cases, Jake Shimabukuro's latest CD "Live." 

One of my favorite things... Attending a concert with my husband. We saw Jake in concert in Akron on Saturday night. What a great concert! We even got to meet Jake afterward! He is a total sweetheart. More humble than I've ever witnessed in a talented musician. I tell you, this young man has zero attitude (except a good one!).

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Writing more here for the blog, attending a networking event, finishing some digital pages, working out. 

Here is picture thought I am sharing. . . I may add one later but don't have one yet. I'd like to add one of Jake!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love Diane Mott Davidson. Her recipes are as good as her stories, although a bit complex at times. But well worth the time and trouble.

Katy said...

Just wanted to let you know that I decided that blogging is not for me right now but I appreciated your comment, especially about the veil. I have been wearing mine and it is such a wonderful blessing!

Improvedliving said...

Love Diane Mott Davidson. Her recipes are as good as her stories


digital scrapbooking free commercial use