Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Attended Latin Mass This Morning

Low Mass is still very beautiful. Quiet, reverent. This Mass is like water upon my parched soul.

A young mother, with her veil, brought her four (!) little ones with her. They seemed around the ages of 8, 6, 4, and 3. Very young. What touched me was that all three girls had a head covering and she made sure all of them showed reverence for the Eucharist by genuflection. She even made her little boy go out of the pew and genuflect before coming in again.

That's a strong commitment to the faith formation of your children, for sure!

2 comments:

X said...

Hopefully she is also teaching them WHY they are genuflecting.

Mary Rose said...

Ha! Good point! I have a feeling she is doing just that. I'm going to attend the local Una Voce meeting this Sunday and I kinda hope she's there. If she is, I'm going to introduce myself!