Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Prayer Request: For my Stepson in the Army

My stepson is stationed in Iraq. I can't imagine the situations he has already endured but I do know he has recently seen things that has truly bothered him. He didn't go into detail and my husband didn't ask.

War is a very hard issue. I can't imagine the difficulty that many Christians have with participating in it, wondering if they are in the right or not. I do believe there are times when war is necessary to overcome evil.

My stepson is not Catholic but attended a non-denominational church when he was here in the States. If you could send up a prayer for my dear stepson who is struggling with what he is experiencing, I would appreciate it. It's also probably a good prayer for all of our men and women in service, especially our Christian brothers and sisters. Greater is He in us than he who is in the world. (1 John 4:4)

1 comment:

X said...

Mary Rose, I am starting to think we live in a parallel universe! My son is in the Canadian Army, however he is still in training and hasn't left for the Middle East yet.I also have a stepson but he is not in the army.