Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I miss my mom

Today was a hard day as my grief hit me like a Mack truck. Often, there are moments when I think of my mom and tear up a little. I think of her a bit, pray, ask God to bless her, and then I move to the next thing.

But today found me crying more than usual as I felt the huge hole that never will be filled by her presence again. I love her so much.

It is a small consolation knowing she would be absolutely thrilled by my journey back to the Catholic church. I also know she'd be very happy knowing I'm just in love with that imitable Mother Angelica.

Have you read Raymond Arroyo's biography of her? I'm reading Mother Angelica: The Remarkable Story of a Nun, Her Nerve, And a Network of Miracles and it's a simply stunning story of a woman who has risked everything for her Beloved Spouse. I remember my mother telling me about her a few years ago and she said I'd probably get a kick out of her. I had no idea who she was back then and never had the chance to hear her or watch her broadcasts.

Now I know. You know what, Mom? You were right. :-)

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

God bless you, Mary Rose! May you be comforted by your memories of your dear mother and the foundation she laid for your current zeal for the Faith.

May she rest in peace!

X said...

I have the M. Angelica book twice - she is absolutely compelling!

I know you miss your mom - I can only offer hugs and prayers.