Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Powerful Testimony of a Woman Who Lost What Meant the Most to Her, and Lived to Tell the Tale

I'm listening to Teresa Tomeo's radio show and hearing the touching story of Marian Hammaran and her return to the Catholic church and journey toward understanding suffering.

She and her husband experienced one of the most tragic losses a parent can experience - the murder of their only child. Caitlin Hammeren was one of the 32 people who were slain by a disturbed gunman on the campus of Virginia Tech on April 16, 2007. (Mantilla nod to Et Tu)

On Teresa's show, Marian talks about how a book so deeply touched her that it lifted her out of her self-imposed prison of anger toward God and placed her on the path of acceptance. The book is Ten Prayers God Always Says Yes To by Anthony DeStafano.

It sounds like a wonderful book and one that can minister to those who are hurt and don't know where to turn.

God bless Anthony DeStafano and may God use this book to draw many to His loving heart.

2 comments:

Jennifer @ Conversion Diary said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog!

I've just started reading this book and it really is good. One of the most inspiring things I've read in a while. I highly recommend it.

Mary Rose said...

Jennifer, you're welcome!

This book sounds wonderful. I'm looking forward to reading it. When I heard that dear woman tell her story, I was so glad to know that He used a book to remind her of His great love for her and her daughter. He encourages us in so many ways...