Monday, September 29, 2008

A Simple Woman's Daybook

I was disappointed when I realized I missed entering my daybook last week. I really do enjoy reading what other women are doing. The simplicity is very relaxing. If you'd like to join in, check out Peggy from "The Simple Woman" and her entry here. For more entries from today, click here.


For Today - September 30, 2008
Outside My Window... is the midday sky, with large, transparent clouds painted upon light blue. The leaves are starting to turn gold and auburn.

I am thinking... I need to conquer the Apple operating system! I still need to learn how to operate iMovie for work.

I am thankful for... my husband, who was pretty patient with my anxious moments when we drove back home from North Carolina.

From the kitchen... will be my version of Subway's "Spicy Italian" - pepperoni, salami, green peppers and onions layered inside of a Pillsbury Italian Loaf (rolled out), tuck in the top and sides and then bake. Right now it's filled with the aroma of fresh coffee that I am enjoying with CoffeMate's new flavor, "Cinnamon Bun."

I am wearing... blue shorts, a very outdated tank top with some tears (and I never wear this top anywhere but home!), and my trusty old Birkenstock sandals.

I am creating... a digital scrapbook for my stepson and new daughter-in-law. I have another digital scrapbook page I'll be creating today just for fun.

I am going... to possibly enjoy a bike ride later today. It's a gorgeous 75 degrees right now!

I am reading... Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen. Phenomenal book. It was lent to me by the founder of the company I am currently contracting with and is the reason why he is able to get so much done in a day. I love it!

I am hoping... my contract job becomes permanent. I think I'm ready for some predictability.

I am hearing... Rush Limbaugh on talk radio. Maybe I should ask the government to bail me out.

Around the house... are still boxes with books. I am also hoping to get some used bookcases soon so they have a better home!

One of my favorite things... sipping flavored coffee while thinking about God and the Church.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Working early tomorrow morning, then a full-day Wednesday. My other part-time jobs will be for Thursday and Friday.

Here is picture thought I am sharing... This is me, riding my blue Giant bicycle, which I really love. We're finally able to ride our bikes where we now live!

3 comments:

Sweet Woodruff said...

Ohhh, dinner sounds good. I might have to try that.

Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle said...

You go Girl!

God bless!

Donna-Marie

Cathy_of_Alex said...

What no spandex?!?